Feed on
Posts
Comments

Last Day for Doodle

Today- Last Day for Doodle 4 Google. Get it turned in, make sure to turn in a .psd WITH LAYERS so I can see that you scanned in your sketch and started with it,as well as turn in a flattened .jpg file as well. Make sure after your turn them in YOU close out your file, then go to make sure you can open them. If they are not saved correctly, you will be losing points.

Turn in your signed form as well. We need that to submit your entry.

Bring your camera tomorrow!! Bring your camera tomorrow!! Bring your camera tomorrow!! Bring your camera tomorrow!! 

Reminder I will not be here Thurs or Friday. Mr. Day will be here, be good. Stay on task. BE GOOD or you will get 5 days of lunch room cleanup duty. Bring your cameras to shoot during class.

Watch the blog for your weekend assignment!

For today’s post-  A digital ninja? Just enough digital editing or too much? Take a look HERE at the work of Dean Bradshaw. These images tell quite a bit, no doubt use photoshop to enhance the image. Do these images cross the realm of being photographs and become “art”, or are they still photographs? Does it matter? Which one of these is your favorite? Why? Or do you not like them at all? Why? Don’t want to answer any of these questions? Make up a school appropriate story to go with one of them (be sure to tell me which one). 

59 Responses to “Last Day for Doodle”

1. K3113n Ha/\//\/0/\/ says:

This is art, the actual picture is photography, but after all the amazing things he did, it was art. I don’t think it matters anyway, if you have an amazing picture, I consider it art. My favorite is definitely the first one, I like the floating knife guy in the middle, definitely the best one.

2. M@rk N(tte1m@n says:

These pictures are kind of funny. I really like the picture of the guy standing there with knives all around his head. I also really like the soccer picture. It is a great picture! These are definitely considered art… all photography is considered art. There are many different forms of art such as drawing, pottery, photography, cooking, ect.

3. R0m@n Kl@n9 says:

Do these images cross the realm of being photographs and become “art”, or are they still photographs? Does it matter? Which one of these is your favorite? Why? Or do you not like them at all? Why? Don’t want to answer any of these questions? Make up a school appropriate story to go with one of them (be sure to tell me which one).
    They are art,however I would not want to buy this. I would not want to buy this because of how obviously photoshopped it is. If I were to buy a photograph for a lot of money. I would want It to be a real photo, without any modifications. I really dont like these photos now. I do think It is a mix between art and photography. Maybe this stuff will become popular in the future.

4. Gr@nt C0n3ry says:

I think these are a mix between art and photography. Also I think that photoshop takes a lot of skill to be used to it’s full potential. I mean you pretty much can do anything with it with enough time an effort. So yes I believe that photoshop is like your painting tools and your picture is your canvass. So who knows, some day it might be so advanced that drawings become photographs of the screen. I have no idea if that made sense but it does to me.

5. J@C0B_B3HM says:

This is a combo of art and photography. This is obviously photography because is has real people in it, but since it is photoshopped so much, I would also consider it art. My favorite one is the last one. It is really a funny overall photograph. I like the magician the most. A story to go along with this one is that it is a very poorly made circus act.

6. k@telyn_j0hns0n says:

I think would be crazy art. I think it would still be art. And it is photography no matter what. No it doesn’t matter. My favorite is the golfer. I don’t really know I just like how the photo is set and the colors.

7. Dy11@n B@rn3s says:

These photos are some pretty cool photos that obviously have some photo shop work done to them. Well more so a lot of photoshop work done to them. Im normally not a fan of people using photo shop so much but these photos are actually kind of cool. I like the first photo on this blog its a pretty cool shot. And then the one of the two people on the big rock you can tell that it was taken with a green screen and the back round just photoshopped in.

8. R@(h3l (h@ff33 says:

They are art and photographs doesn’t matter its still a photo with art applied. the very first one is my favorite one out of them all. Just the way it looks and has everything i love the way its positioned.

9. $@m !_EE says:

I think these photos would be considered art to the extremes that this photographer takes his photos. I would say it’s art and not just photography because it would be impossible to capture that image with just a camera. It would have to be digitally altered. It does matter so that the viewer knows what they’re looking at. My favorite is of the golfer because I like the really dynamic lighting effects on the skin of the golfer. It doesn’t look natural at all though.